View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

No, I never tried Ty. It just had too many unknowns and too many risks for me. There are many here, however, that have had wonderful results with it.

The side effects I had with the Beta was injection site reactions, flu like symptoms that never eased up with continued use and progression showing on my MRI's.

With Copaxone I had the same injection site reactions but no flu like symptoms. My site reactions were worse than with the Beta and my MRI's still showed new lesions.

My MS symptoms were varied but the worst were numbness, dizziness, vision issues and fatigue.

I still get MS symptoms from time to time but not like I did while on the DMD's. If I get overheated or have some sort of infection (cold or UTI or something like that) then I get very off-balance. It's one of the first MS symptoms to overtake me when I overdo or otherwise don't feel well. Numbness, to a degree, is always there but it's gotten much less bothersome since I've been taking LDN.

I had read about LDN here on this forum and, even though my Neuro would not write me a prescription for it, I found a doctor who would and have been on it ever since.

Here is a website that gives good info about LDN: www.lowdosenaltrexone.com.

I cleaned up my diet and started taking supplements and that, along with LDN, has really helped me personally. Everyone has to find the right balance of meds and healthy lifestyle. For me, the less meds the better.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote