View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 02:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been doing lots of green juices as well. I have noticed an improvement in some of my symptoms that seems to correlate with the juicing (I actually did a juice fast for about a month-it wasn't my first time, I wouldn't recommend a beginner try it for that long). I carefully phased back to solids and plan another juice fast for later in the summer. If you don't want to lose weight, you would be better off just adding the juice to a healthy diet.

I have an Omega juicer, probably not the best out there, but what I could afford when I bought it 10 years ago. It still works, so I haven't felt a need to upgrade. I agree with Mark about the Champion, that'll probably be the brand I get when I need a replacement.

I juice kale and collard greens as well as spinach, parsley, celery, cucumbers and lettuce. I like to mix the greens with lemon and/or lime juice, sometimes ginger as well, they take the edge off the stronger flavored greens. I also usually add some apples, sometimes grapes to my green mix to make it more palatable. I think you just have to experiment and see what tastes good to you. There are many great combos using a wide variety of fruits and veggies. I don't juice every day, usually every 2-3 days, but I bottle portions individually so they keep longer. There is loads of information online about juicing.
BeccaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote