View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi sunflower,

You are wise not to just let this continue. Unfortunately, dentists are not taught too much outside of "dental tooth carpentry" and many are basically clueless about the sinuses. Yes, I would agree with you that a consult with an EMT physician would be wise. It may behoove you to bring your dental xrays of that tooth/area, both before and after the root canal was done and any that were taken after the extraction. It certainly couldn't hurt. There is a dental cat scan that can be done to help determine infection or bone deterioration in the upper maxilla/sinus cavity. Frequently an EMT dr will recommend that. If he doesn't, it would be wise to bring up this subject and get his response on it.

I am sorry you are dealing with this discomfort, etc. Hopefully you will get some answers soon.... stick with it..... you are on the right track!

Keep us posted.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower3235 View Post
Bryanna -

I saw your posts to Craig and am having a similar problem after a failed root canal and eventually an extraction of an upper tooth (#13). I think my issues has to do with my sinuses as I know the site of the infection and tooth was abutting my sinus canal. My dentist has basically told me there is nothing wrong with my teeth and no more can be done for me although I am still in pain and have swelling of my upper jaw (it has been over 6 months now). My question to you is - where would you recommend I go next? An EMT? Dental x-rays are not showing any infection, but I think there is some deep-seeding infection or something else present that is causing the pain and swelling.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote