View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 09:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default So happy you found this site!

Don't give up. Speaking as a person with RSD. We feel so helpless, and hurt that we have this disease and that we have put this burden on you. It is not what you are doing or what you are not doing... it is the pain talking. There are days when I just say please dont be around me because I am snappy and hurting so bad I cant handle it and dont want to be mean to anyone. It takes alot more out of a man to not be able to take care of his family. I will type more later, but dont feel like it is you. That is the number one point of advice I have for you. Learn to forgive yourself, and come back and talk here. Eveyrone here is so warm and understanding. There are many people who are the spouses, mothers, of the person with RSD. Any topic and question you have or feeling you have... trust me... we are going through it right along side you or have been through it over and over, and can help you get along with what has helped us. The most important thing is to never give up either... my family never gives up on me, and learn to forgive even if he is being mean I know what its like being the mean person and it breaks my heart becuase its like something comes out in me that is so frustrated and I take it out on the people around me. Just forgive take a deep breath, and this is the BEST place online for you to get support. Honestly. I am 21 and have had RSD for 3 1/2 years and have been through lots of emotions ups and downs, and continue to go through it. Just hang in there, and feel free to message me if you ever need an ear or anything. THere have been so many times that I have gotten a message from somebody on days when I felt hopeless, and I felt so not alone anymore. Hang in there and know love and prayers are being sent your way. Welcome to the fam

Hannah

ps: one thing to think about is him getting on cymbalta. It is a miracle pill that helps me and all my friends with RSD manage mentally with the pain. If I didnt take it, oi.... lets just say I take it happily. Look into that.. it supposedly helps with pain, and works with the receptors that fight pain, and is an antidepressant, because lets get real... this is DEPRESSING!!! And even if it doesnt help with the pain it helps with our mood managing the pain and relationships around us. All my friends who have RSD take this, and we couldnt imagine not. oh and 60mg of it!
hannah1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (08-11-2011), dd in pain (08-10-2011), nevadabound (06-11-2011)