Thread: Juicing
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 09:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

BTDT

I have the Jack L. Juicer and it is ok...but hard to clean.
I was going to buy a large, more professional one, but changed my mind last minute. I believe I heard the Vitamix (sp?) is considered one of the best.

What I ended up doing and am GLAD I did, was use my little Magic Bullet for most things..primarily green drinks. My fave is: celery, cucumbers, spinach, a little Kale and a little apple juice. Delicious and nutricious!!!!!!
In fact, I was drinking this instead of either breakfast or lunch for awhile and lost weight and felt great! The Magic Bullet (I have the complete set with a variety of blades and containers) will juice softer veggies. When I want something like carrots and beets, I go to my local health food store.

These days I'm not juicing much....perhaps once a week. So, sometimes I make the Green Drink and once in awhile buy one. For me, it works well. I just can't honestly see myself spending tons of time juicing and/or cleaning the juicer.

BUT, I do think having these juices now and again is a very good idea. They do seem to give me energy. If I go a week w/o one, I seem to feel a little "off." For me it is about finding the middle ground....works well for me!!!

BTW, try this for summer: Pineapple and cucumbers. Easy to make, good for you and refreshing!

Note: If you buy a Magic Bullet...make sure you go for the complete set...can be used like a Blender too and has more than one blade option.

Have fun!
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (06-04-2011)