View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 07:53 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default This one is getting interesting

I have come to realize that, if taken at the right time, a B-complex has a major influence in relation to my first "On" cycle in the mornings (the closest to a baseline situation I can manage with the sinemet factor). This morning is a good example: Took sinemet and sinemet cr at 7:15. Was sluggishly coming on at 7:45 and took a B-complex. Was "sparkling" by 8:00 and generally feeling good.

One thing about the study with riboflavin that I wonder about is the red meat. The assumption is that it was a negative. But our bodies do drive us to consume foods (or even dirt for goodness sake) that contain specific nutrients that we lack. It seems a reasonable possibility that these folks in the study were not overeating in the red meat department and creating problems for themselves, but were, rather, dealing with a problem by instinctively seeking out large quantities of red meat in an effort to get the nutrients - B vitamins in this case.

We established long ago on this forum that, despite all the warnings that protein was bad for PWP, that many of us lusted after red meat.

B-vitamins are water soluble and any of us dealing with nocturia are starting the day already unbalanced. Since the B-vitamins are needed to process levodopa in the brain while at the same time the two get in each others way in the GI tract, timing is critical. At present, for me it seems best to give the Ldopa a half-hour head start and then kick it in the butt with a dose of B.

With the recent reports of PWP having unusual bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine and the importance of the same area in the B-vitamins story (both for synthesis and absorption), one has to look at this more closely.

Keep in mind that some of humanity's greatest scourges have had such prosaic origins.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote