View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default He's doing better than I am!!!!!

I got home at 7:15 p.m. The access a ride had me wait out side in the cold for 1 hour. I have a little diabetic neuropathy in the tips of my toes. I never even knew until I went to Cornell that my toe tips were numb.

Well, believe me, when you stand out in the ice cold for one hour. (And I was dressed warm), but I guess I should have put on 3 pairs of socks inside the boots?? well, my feet were KILLING ME until the acess-a-ride came and I could thaw out. I never felt this way. I'm fine now but I DON'T LIKE THE COLD, that much I know!!!! My feet became numb like I never knew could happen. As I sit and type this, they are fine. Tomorrow when I go back I'm bringing more socks for my tootsies!!!

So now let's talk about Alan. They gave him his first infusion at 4:30 in the morning. He slept through the whole thing practically. He woke up with the iv in his arm and never felt a thing. Just had a slight headache. It went away.

His neurologist popped in and said he tolerated his first infusion just fine, that they might change the timing of the infusions (just spoke to him on the phone and they are doing it at 1 a.m. till he goes home Sunday afternoon.).

I have no idea why they went from 4:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. but they should know.

I also have no idea how what the bag looks like, what it reads, what the name of the ivig meds are because I'm not there and forget asking Alan to do this. He never would. I know him. The neurologist said they are doing slow infusions and she likes it that way. 6 hour infusions. Then after he comes home, in two weeks he'll start home infusions.

I also asked her "Do you ever get a definite diagnosis of CIDP and she looked at me and said: "There really is only one way, doing a biopsy" And I said "of the Sural Nerve?" and she looked at me and said "my, you are a smart woman". I just said "no, I go on the neuropathy boards". She laughed.

I have learned much from these boards. I also know a sural nerve biopsy is no walk in the park. So thankfully Alan didn't have to do this. He got the ivig anyway. Keeping fingers crossed.

He thinks he feels a bit better. I think it's psychological but who cares. He has a tv, a phone and people coming in and out visiting other patients who are either stroke victims or have alzheimers.

Everybody loved my muffins.

So thankfully, he's doing great!!! Can't wait til he comes home. I'll muffin him and vegetable pattie him to death.

thanks for all your nice words.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote