View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 08:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiafriend View Post
Hey guys, ive been reading these posts and since everyone here seems so knowledgable about B12 i was hoping you might be able to answer a question I had blood work done that showed that i was low RBC count and high MCV and MCH which my dr. thought i could be B12 deficient but it just so happened i started taking a high sublingual B12 suppliment the day that i took the blood test which made my b12 levels over 1400H! So my question is, is it possible that (if i was B12 deficient) that the levels could move up that high after just a few doses of a b12 suppliment?
It would all depend on timing. If you took the SL B12 fairly close to the blood draw, it would falsely elevate the value. I have experienced this with get my niacin levels checked. It is actually short lived in the blood in detectable levels. If I took it the night before it would be below the detectable level. If I supplemented in the AM it would be detected. I usually hold supplementation for a day or two prior to testing to get a more accurate measure of what my true levels are.
kwinkler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote