View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 08:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbltrn View Post
Hannah- Thank you so much. And i hate to say this but my husband is one them. Or I guess i should say that he is suppose to be taking them. when I bring it up to him it is a huge fight and I hate fighting with him.
He goes back to the Dr on Monday so I am really hoping that we will get some good news. He is is having the leads removed from his back. I m not sure if the Neurostimlulation is the answer for him. I see him in more pain now then I did before!
I really do feel so lost in this world of RSD.
I feel so sorry for the people that are dealing with this and has been dealing with it for years 9 months for me and all I can do is complain. I guess i need to work on being a better wife. I don't know what the heck I should do
kbltrn, I feel deeply for the both of you. My wife has RSD now nearly 10 years. I can ramble on and on about the hardship we've gone through from doctors not worth a dime to unresponsive insurance companies, battles with SSDI, my wife's RSD changing and moving around to limb to limb and her taking her frustrations out on a man, who until recently, had very little patients. From experience seek patients, lower stress for the both of you, be leary of invasive procedures. Try to seek out the correct doctors and therapy for him, both mentally and physically. He must move about not wither away idled. Water therapy I would strongly recommend even Yoga. Ketamine might be another treatment to consider. My wife has her good days and bad but there was a time when there was no hope and everyday was very bad. It is a work in progress and there is hope. Next week we vacation at the beach, waterfront, a quiet place, good food, soft sounds, gentle winds, very low stress and of course, one thing she loves to do when she feels up to it is shop! I pray you both will find your happy spot in life and live your lives to the fullest. It may not have been your original plans but plans do change, just make them the best they can be, it can be done and fight for your man.

jim&suzy
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dd in pain (08-10-2011), fmichael (06-10-2011)