View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi KB! Well my husband and I have been married for almost 8 years, anniversary is in august, and he was also injured at work and developed RSD 3 years ago. You said that your husband is supposed to be on Cymbalta? but when you bring it up he gets mad? My husband thought that antidepressants were crazy pills and that people should not have to take them, if they are depressed they should just make themselves better. Myself coming from a home where my mother has serious depression, and constantly went on and off of different pills I could understand that it is a truly medical problem, not a crazy problem. Try and explain the benefits to your husband of the cymbalta for the nerves, it actually calms the nerves and helps the pain from RSD. It is not just the mental that it helps. Maybe then he will be more willing to try it, and let him know that if it is not helping in a month then he can try other things. My husband gets very frustrated with all the medications, and he doesn't always want to listen to me (I am the kind that constantly reads online about everything to do with CRPS).
The only other thing I can say is it sounds like your husband is trying to figure out how to deal with this and it is hard. It is almost like losing a life, your former life where you were able to do anything you wanted and move any way you wanted, to one where you can't even hold a cup of coffee, he has to go through the stages of loss. Eventually he will come to accept it and then he can deal with you better. It is so hard. I often feel lonely, missing the things we used to do together, but then I think that if he had been a little slower that day at work he wouldn't have moved out of the way and his whole body would have been crushed instead of just his hand, I am thankful everyday that he is here and I try to let him know that. I try to let him know that I still need him (a problem I have been hearing alot from CRPS sufferers, not feeling needed anymore for lack of being able to do things)
I have rambled enough, sorry. As you can tell my thoughts jump all over, if you ever want to talk I am here. It is nice to know there are others like me! Hope all the sufferers enjoy a pain free day!
RSDjaded is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dd in pain (08-10-2011)