View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 03:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
Last night I had 4 teeth on the lower right side and an ear ache. Tegretol was handling the pain. THEN I had it on the lower left side, more Tegretol. THEN on the upper left side and the tears came. I just sat and cried from the pain. Never happened before and I hope never again. Is it possible this is something other than ATN??????

After 5 of the 200mg Tegretol it eased up. Anyone else have something like this?
I'm only a fellow sufferer, but I think you need to call your doctors office and speak with them about other possibilities. I hope they have screened you for other causes of TN and that they have done an MRI. On occasion I've experienced pain on the opposite side during an attack and I do experience deep ear pain all the time which is very disturbing. I regularly ask my doctor to check my ears and they are always fine and he attributes the pain to TN saying its the same nerve. It sounds like you've taken a hefty dose of tegretol and if you don't get relief again you should consider going to urgent care or the ER. I don't know if any of what I've written helps you any, but reach out to your doctor regarding all of this. He may have something more to offer you to help with these attacks. Take care
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote