View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 08:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Too many schools of thought...

I too find myself stuff in the "trying to find a good balance" rut. It's really become apparent lately, when I needed to go back to work in order to prevent losing my job.

I pushed it, went back and seemed to tolerate it well while there. However, after a few days, I had a delayed onslaught of symptoms and actually spent Sunday in the ER due to severe symptoms that were as bad as the day the accident happened.

Feeling better today, but now I'm really not sure what to do. I'm back on medical leave, but don't know how much to do around the house again. Rest like crazy and hope I recover from this setback quickly? Or try to resume minor activities to not back slide further?

I guess its trial and error.

As for your therapist, are you experiencing mental health challenges due to your PCS? I know I struggle with depression and anxiety, with the depression mostly being from missing out on my very busy, active previous lifestyle. If that is the case for you, perhaps they feel that some "normal" activity will help you feel more "normal" and less upset about your PCS and it's effect on your life. Maybe try some tolerable activities that you enjoyed before your PCS, so you feel you haven't completely lost your former self. For me, my saving grace has been knitting. It used to be an activity I did to unwind for quiet time to myself after a long, crazy day. Now it's something to break up the monotony and to make me feel like I can at least do something I used to be able to do.

Anyway, I completely understand your struggle and confusion with this issue and wish you the best!
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote