View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Welcome Allyson

Tell you what guy, first and foremost, and thank you for venturing to seek us out, then post your question. While I do not know of any on the forum who have had the implant to address arm injury to the nervous system, this wonder of wonders has been a blessing for me regarding my lower trunk and leg nervous system injuries.

I count myself privileged and blessed to have the benefit of the device, and one of the most important steps you will note in your path of consideration is the Trial surgery where leads only would be implanted near your spinal cord at the appropriate T or C level of your spine to establish first and foremost whether you could receive benefit through such an implant on any basis at all, let alone a fully blown permanent implant which is a major surgery.

So, consider us ALL resources regarding the possibilities you consider, and ask away!!! Any question is a GOOD question- a big reason why we are assembled in this extended family of hurting people seeking answers, solutions, and results. As for myself, I gladly share that among the users I know, I seem anomalous, in that I was ultimately able to completely wean off of pain management medication due to the use of my stim and my trusty cushion. Perhaps you could find a similar solution for your arm.

Prayin for ya,
Mark56

P.S. Normally one such as you will be deluged with responses from our members. If the responses flow thusly from our group of caring folks, take it as a wow benefit of being virtually hugged into a large group of those who care. Yep.
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ron h (06-16-2011), Rrae (06-25-2011), Sophie_ (06-06-2011)