View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 04:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Your symptoms sound like they could be TOS , but it's good to have MRI's and the other tests just to help rule out anything else.
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I am unsure of what to do next. Can I just call up one of these doctors in the sticky and ask for a consultation? Do I need my insurance approval beforehand? I actually do have the MRI files on a CD, I thought enough to grab a copy. But who would I take to interpret them? If it were more cervical spine related, would that mimic the symptoms?

I am sure repetitive strain definitely aggravates my symptoms whatever they are. So I have been extremely mindful of doing everything I can to maintain good posture throughout. I just find it odd that I'd have bilateral symptoms, so uniformly, so quickly. Is that common?

In reading the posts and stickies, it seems like an overwhelming majority of posters have gone down the surgery path. Yet other places I look at, it seems articles suggest only about 20% of those who have this require surgery. Is it just the worst cases who post regularly here? Seems that for the most part surgery is only a temporary fix or none at all.

Confused and scared beyond words.
343v343 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote