View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 04:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So true, and I plead guilty to doing so in the past: Deleting...

My reasoning was, if I posted something about a physician or something that could lead folks to recognizing themselves in what I noted (even without citing their names), I considered the effects on others. I didn't want what I was stating - within the context of "support forums" - to have a possible adverse effect on the treatment I'd receive from physicians and others. I waited (some time - generally weeks to months and when my posts were far off the main pages) and deleted.

At times, I also did so for retaining privacy, since seach engines tend to cache so much personal data that I may not want trailing me for the rest of my existence.

I thought, if the purpose is peer support, I don't want to hurt myself or my care in the process of also seeking support and insights from others .

I know I've not deleted for the purpose of altering the context or flow of a discussion, though.

It was the possible impact of how my words might be used to hurt (not help) me.

I do tend to think about what I've written before hitting the "post" button, but... there are still those times that I prefer not to have a life-long reminder of things that may be particularly painful.

Last edited by Bobbi; 03-08-2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: consider should have been considered
Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote