View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Sharon Butler thinks mine might be adhesions.
She thinks I should be able to stretch & work then out, which I hope I can.

They have gradually gotten more pronounced this year compared to last year. I could barely feel them last year & asked the chiro to see what he thought , but he couldn't feel the lines of minute bumps, they were too small then.

Hmmm - could be this in my forearms instead of shoulder....more info on the link below

[Calcific tendonitis of the shoulder happens when calcium deposits form on the tendons of your shoulder. The tissues around the deposit can become inflamed, causing a great deal of shoulder pain. This condition is fairly common. It most often affects people over the age of 40.

This guide will help you understand

* what happens in the shoulder with calcific tendonitis
* what tests your doctor will run to diagnose this condition
* what you can do to help relieve the pain.
]
[url]http://www.eorthopod.com/content/calcific-tendonitis-shoulder[/url

I did use my far infrared heat pad on it last week and then it began to hurt a little.. now after reading on the site above - that might be a good thing.
It says when the calcium deposits are reabsorbing that is usually the more painful time.. so I might just to some more sessions with the heating pad and also some stretches/massage for the area to see it they go away.

My dogs have had/have lipomas so I know it isn't that.
pretty sure they're not trigger points or anything like that - I tried to press on a few but nothing changed.

Last edited by Jomar; 06-07-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote