View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 01:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I am now healing from my 3rd surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoyizes View Post
Hi, and welcome to NT! This is a great place with many friendly, caring, and helpful people.

We're so glad you found us!
Hi everyone,

It has been a VERY long time since I posted, I have a lot of catching up to do and will be checking out the colloid cyst forum specifically. I had my 3rd surgery to remove a recurring colloid cyst three weeks ago. Apparently it is very rare to reoccur, my neurosurgeon said I'm "special". well I'd rather not be special in this case quite frankly!! Anyone else out there have to redo the surgery? I would love to hear from you. It seems that each time my brain has the trauma of surgery I come out a bit worse for ear. I am still taking Amitryptilline for headache managament but now have been presecribed Gabapentin as well. I am not so sure I want to add Gabapentin to my daily regime. Thoughts anyone?

I have short term memory loss, hoping that its just too soon for a full recovery as its only 3 weeks post-op tomorrow, but I feel far from being able to return to work. I feel "wonky" in the head, hard to explain, confused and faking it a lot of the time, very fatigued sometimes, grumpy, very emotional and easily overwhelmed. Not at all my bubbly self. I miss my old self.

Tracey
Tracey nurse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote