View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 02:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiConcussion View Post
Thanks for your thoughts.

Benjamin, your recovery and grades are really encouraging! Problems with memory and recovering words during a conversation have decreased my confidence in my intelligence somewhat - It seems as though I haven't become less smart, my brain just needs to reroute the path to the information.

Mark, I like the ear plug idea and think that could really be helpful in the environment I will be working in. It's right about now that I wish I had my own very private office with dark blinds and thick walls!

I don't expect people will get it. I have a great, albeit small support system that includes about 5 people. The few I have been in touch with from work don't understand why the doctor can't prescribe me a medication that will cure my symptoms. It is true that the symptoms are "all in our heads" and stigmatizing that can be very hurtful. People think we're crazy and we feel like we're going crazy. It doesn't help that there isn't an x-ray to show our sensitivity to light and noise or a scan that shows a constant blurry vision and dull headache that just never goes away. UGH! Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world where everyone was only helpful and non-judgemental?
Thank you SOOOO much for your post regarding people not understanding. It's nice to realize I'm not alone in feeling like an outcast because people don't understand how life altering PCS can be, and that there isn't a pill to fix it or a test to prove it!
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote