View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 06:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
So...in an attempt to try to manage my pain, my pain doctor is taking me off Lyrica and is putting me on Cymbalta. The pharmacy wouldn't fill the script initially because of "drug interactions" and they needed to check with the doctor. They have now filled the script...but I haven't started it yet.

I looked up the possible interactions and I am a little worried about starting these new meds (not to mention a little miffed that the doctor didn't mention this when she changed my meds so that I could talk to her about it). My biggest concern isn't the fact that there might be an interaction...my concern is that I wouldn't know if there was because all the symptoms for this possible interaction are what I already have...and it can be a fatal condition. So all my warning signs for this possibility are shot and the doctor only wants to see me once every two months.

Why do I just feel like I have the worst luck with doctors? Or is this sort of thing just normal? Am I probably just worrying over nothing? I'm going to discuss with my primary doctor Friday when I see her before I start the Cymbalta. Anyone have any experience with Cymbalta? The major interaction is between that and the Tramadol. They also say in the commercial that there are risks with Cymbalta and NSAIDS and I am taking NSAIDS...but I didn't see that listed under the drug interactions that I looked up.

If anyone has any information or experience with this, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!
How are you doing on the cymbalta? Did you get all of the drug interactions worked out?
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote