View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 07:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown 17 Year Old Son with PCS

I have a 17 year old son who has PCS (he suffered a Stage 3 concussion in a wrestling tournament in Jan 2010) we went 3 months out of school, impact testing, etc. and finally got him back to school. In Sept 2010 he suffered another Stage 1 concussion in the same area (from a high school varsity soccer game). Ever since his life has totally changed. We went to the doctor did the impact testing, he cleared him to play again 3 weeks later. Now he is having nothing but trouble. He has severe headaches (24/7) for 9 months now pain level 7 thru 10 - sometimes worse. Nausea, Dizziness, Irritability, lack of concentration, memory loss, like he is not there feeling. He has been on so many different medications and nothing is working. He has seen a neuropsychologist, pediatrician, sports medicine doctor, neurologist, neurosurgeon, ophthamoligist and currently now a pain management doctor. Currently only on muscle relaxers and oxycodone - nothing is working. I am at my wits end and want to be able to find someone who can help him. He struggles with this daily and I just want my son back.
wvachon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote