View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 02:59 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan Cyclist View Post
On June 6 the Mill Creek Family YMCA in South Everett, WA, became the first licensed Pedaling for Parkinson’s program in the country. They will begin the first class on July 11. It will run M, W, F from 1-2 p.m. for eight weeks with the opportunity to follow up for life. This class is primarily for Level 1 & 2 patients. There is room for 16 pwp cyclists, although they will add an additional class if there is sufficient demand.

For more information contact Cindy Mascari, cmascari@ymca-snoco.org

To hear more about the program and recent developments in Pedaling for Parkinson’s tune into Robert Roger’s blogtalkradio for an interview with Nan Little this Wed., June 8, at 3 p.m. There will be a call in opportunity. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/parkins...nt-kilimanjaro
This is all important; but, and tho it isn't funny , it all boils down to delivery system. This is the one positive thing you can do. Add the wii and some music _ it has short term appeal for me but requires more self discipline than I have to spare . It's hard enough getting thru the day; i can't place too much investment in the compulsion to have exercised , self initiated, but recently learned, moderately - this is useful information and needs to have more attention. It comes in spurts and many can't get themselves there and it's not safe for them to do so.

here is the reality of it but i'm in a good time for that and it is the best medicine....irritatingly so.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote