View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 07:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Sorry to hear of your struggles and such a lousy manager at your employer.

You need to get to a Social Security office and apply for SSI and Medicaid. If you qualify, this will help take the bite out of unemployment. You also should go to the employment office to see how to apply for employment benefits.

Your attorney is giving you good advice. Do not rush to a settlement. Your PCS may resolve or it may become a life-long problem. You recent prior concussions make the latter more likely.

You might also check with your state labor board and see if you were treated within the employment laws of your state.

What meds are you taking? Maybe there are cheaper meds that can help you.

Are you getting any help from your own insurance company? Sometimes, you own insurance company will help out and get reimbursed from your settlement.

My best to you.

Mark-- Thanks for responding so quickly! You really know your stuff and I am grateful for someone who's "been there" to help me figure this out. With all the added stress of late, I'm completely brain fogged and easily exhausted.

Even with my job I was eligible for medical assistance, (I work with children with Autism and barely made above minimum wage, even only a year away from completing a masters degree.) I had already started the paperwork online because our premiums went up and I couldn't even afford that. So I'm going to finish and submit that paperwork today.

As for unemployment benefits, I'm going to also apply for those today.

Would I be eligible for social security benefits, as it's only be 4 months since the accident? I have never had to do this before, so I didn't know if I would be eligible or if there is some sort of time requirement regarding how long I have been disabled.

I discussed with my attorney the situation regarding my termination. Unfortunately, in my state they can terminate my employment because I ran out of their general leave allowance and am not eligible for FMLA benefit, (2 weeks short...) However, regarding how my boss handled the situation my attorney is looking into how it was handled etc. (However I know even if I got my job back, I'm in NO condition to work with my kids in the condition I am now in again.)

As for meds, I am taking effexor for anxiety and trazadone for sleep disturbance. So I'm going to contact my neuropsychiatrist today.

My insurance will help out up to 1000 per month for 5 months. I have two and 1/2 months left on that so it'll help, but I'm worried I'm not going to be feeling up to working even at the end of that.

Which brings me to my final question.... Before my return to work, for about the 2 weeks prior I was feeling about 85% of my previous self. Going back to my job itself did not really cause too many issues with symptoms, other than some fatigue. However, when my boss started all this garbage 3 days in, I had a huge return of symptoms that continued to get worse over the next 3 days. Now I feel back to where I was a week or two after the accident... 5% of former self? Is it normal to go this far back? I thought after a few days of rest I would start improving again, but I'm not. I'm really scared that I went THAT far in the wrong direction.... and if stressful situations are a trigger for relapse... How do I avoid stress for the rest of my life.... I'm really scared.....

Sorry for such a long response, I"m just feeling really alone and no one seems to think it's possible for me to feel this terrible again....
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote