Old 06-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I agree with Anne.
Many that recover don't continue to post.

And I totally agree that you seek out "quality, expert & advanced" physical therapist, body-worker or chiropractor ( one that will use PT modalities as well as adjust if needed) to get you started on proper rehabbing.

But if you feel treatment is not working or they don't adjust to your needs or if pain increases, move on to another place or therapy.
Sometimes the avg PT will just do a one size fits all plan and it does not work for many w/ TOS. The resistance bands or weights too soon can mess you up, be aware of that, go with your gut feelings on when to move forward with those and don't let them push you too fast.

Also read as much as you can here for tips and check out the google /you tube videos for thoracic outlet syndrome as well as the tips ideas you read about here. those videos are pretty good at giving an idea of how the various therapies are done.

Self care and consistency is very important.

oh I was going to mention looking into a voice recognition software to help with your work, at first sometimes what is really needed is a break from the computer keyboard & mouse. There are specials on dragon naturally speaking quite often and prices on the net can be compared easily.
or if you have a Mac or Windows 7 or even Vista I believe - VR is built in - you just need a quality mic & a good sound card for decent results after you set it up.

Generally there is not a "quick fix" but a reduction and fading of symptoms if all goes well.

Mine took 2.5 yrs to get to 75% of normal, much of that time was wasted due to the work comp system, and that I was only beginning to learn about TOS a few months into the acute stage of my injury.
(assembly work)