View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Time for a Second Opinion?

I have been dealing with PCS for 4 months. Last week I returned to work for 3 days, but after a stressful situation with my boss, I started to have a relapse in symptoms. (Dizziness, feeling slightly disoriented, ringing in my ears, etc).

This weekend I started really struggling with temperature regulation, it's really hot where I live right now. I basically can not cool off once I get hot. This happened on Sunday, even though I stayed in the AC most of the day. All of my symptoms amped up, I ended up with a migraine, double vision (new symptom) and felt VERY confused and disoriented.

I went to the ER where they treated it like a migraine and didn't really care about my PCS. However, after some medication I felt slightly better and they sent me home. I followed up via phone with my neurologist this morning. This was the result:

He told me that the temperature regulation stuff, he's never heard of before and that it's not a PCS issue or a neurological one for that matter, so he doesn't think he can do anything about it. As for the relapse of symptoms, (I told him I feel like I'm back to where I was a week after the accident), he said that this is just normal stress. That even with a HEALTHY brain, I would STILL have these symptoms. I said understandly the stress might cause a headache, upset stomach, as I have experienced these before with "normal stress". However, I have never had ringing in my ears and double vision with "normal stress." He said that its just normal stress and with a day or two of rest I'll be fine. (I'm on day 6 of rest and still fee like garbage).

He also said it was a "normal stress" causing the new symptoms (double vision).

I basically ended the conversation feeling that this is "all in my head" and that the relapse or new symptoms aren't possible.

I really don't know what to do... but I know I certainly do not feel "normal." Do relapses this bad happen? New symptoms?

Should I want a second opinion? I have no one with experience with PCS in my life, and my family thinks that it's not really a big deal that I feel this bad again or have new stuff going on, so any and many responses from people who understand PCS would be great appreciated, so I know whether I'm going crazy or not....
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote