View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 09:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Involuntary stretching and vibration therapy machine

I have used the search option, but I cannot find something I vaguely remember being posted - a home-made version of the vibration therapy machine.

I came upon this item when I googled "involuntary stretching." When I wake up in the morning, before I labor my way out of the bed, I often have an involuntary stretch. I don't want the stretch to happen because it usually ends of with a leg cramp rather than that delicious feeling of my pre-Parkinson's stretches. However, whether I want it or not, my right leg straightens and tenses and feels like concrete to the touch, and ready or not I can feel the stretch coming on. I never mentioned this to the neuro because I could not describe the sensation, but with the help of google I found that involuntary stretching can be a symptom of Parkinson's. During my search, I found references to this vibration therapy machine that looks a lot like a treadmill. It costs over $12,000, which I definitely cannot afford, but I remember something about this machine being mentioned in the forum as an item that a poster copied and fashioned on his or her own initiative. Does anyone experience these involunary stretches and has anyone heard of this therapy?

Ann
AnnT2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote