View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 05:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

An update:

Went to my first PT appt. today and they seemed to agree it was indeed TOS. They were able to replicate symptoms and felt a decreased pulse in certain positions on both arms. I'm a little overwhelmed with the realization of having this, and I am mentally telling myself I want to do anything I can at all costs to avoid surgery.

The PT has experience with TOS patients and seemed fairly knowledgeable about the condition, which is a positive. First appointment didn't really involve much other than a "get to know you" session combined with some moist heat and stretches. I was also taught about breathing more from my diaphragm to decrease upper chest movement. Feels a bit foreign, but if that's what it takes. I have also begun doing the corner stretch, often for my chest muscles.

I know I am being somewhat insecure in asking, but are both of you able to live somewhat normal lives? I just have this horrible outlook that I will have to cease working, eliminate physical activity or active lifestyle. I have 6 appts. total scheduled for the PT, so I am trying to absorb everything I can in progressing on my own after treatment.

I know it's probably good I am catching it early. I just want to do whatever I can to ensure I can maintain a normal life.

Thank you both for all of your input. I am in the Orange County, CA area.
343v343 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote