View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 06:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarcyn View Post
@Trish. My caregiver will be ready to deliver in August/September. I have some really bad days and it would be nice not to wait. You and I would stick out like sore thumbs. What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this? Same with going on campus.

@clarkstar. I wish there was a way to "test drive" a vaporizer before a purchase or a way to return it if it does not work...or if MMJ is not a good choice for you.

There are a lot of choices in terms of variety, some stronger than others and effects appear to be different plus it is subjective. Then there is making butter for edibles.

So many variables to explore and few guidelines to follow.

I feel like this will be a lot like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Not even sure if I actually read the novel way back when.
If you really want to purchase some, it wouldn't be hard. You already have friends that smoke mj, but you don't know it. Yes you do. If I were in your position, I would think about asking anyone I deal with under the age of 30. Do you have a tattooed hairdresser or manicurist? Not that all people with tattoos smoke mj, but they are the type not to think twice about a middle-aged woman inquiring about mj to help with a medical condition. The younger the person, the more normal mj is. If you said something like "I wish I knew where to get some weed to help with my pain", most young people would jump at the chance to help you. It would also be kept confidential, as it's kind of an unspoken rule not to let non-users know who's doing what.

I have 2 sons, 30 and 28 y.o. One has a Drs. recommendation for pot and the other one doesn't smoke it. The one that does, doesn't have any medical condition, but since he smokes it anyway, he figures it's worth $50 to never have to worry about getting in trouble. The other one used to smoke it like a chimney in college, but doesn't touch it anymore since he got married. His wife doesn't care, he just doesnt like it anymore.

I used to smoke when I was younger and quit. My P.N. has taken me back to it because I know it gets my mind off my pain for a while and I sleep like a baby all night. It's kind of funny, my gp hates that I 'self-medicate' and I hate that I'm supposed to take expensive, toxic, habit-forming pharmacuticals to do the same job. I'm more comfortable smoking a joint than I am popping open a pill bottle - but that's beacuse I've always been around people smoking and it carries no stigma with me.

One last thing. You may not like it. If you take your thoughts too seriously while high, you can have a bad time. Women seem to like it less than men, but there are plenty of women that use it fine. Don't drive and don't have anything planned for later. I recommend smoking it at night, sit or lie down and watch a movie or tv. When it's bedtime, get up and go to bed. Push any thoughts out of your mind and fall asleep. You will wake up as if you didn't do a thing. Don't smoke and then head straight to bed. You won't be able to sleep for a couple of hours and you'll just get anxious.

Well, there you go. More information than you could ever want, lol. Good luck!
surfer00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (06-08-2011), dmplaura (06-08-2011), SallyC (06-08-2011)