View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 08:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A lil warning about Ambien

I know a lot of you are probably on ambien or tried it in the past. But wanted to share my story as a warning. THe night of my accident, i took an ambien to go to sleep. As my name says, i am a night nurse, so have had insomnia for years, even before starting my career and have taken ambien for about 4 years now with some breaks in between and not always every night. That night i took it, stayed awake too long, and spilled water and fell and had my first injury, a blow to the back of the head causing a coup-contrecoup injury. I have absolutely no memory for 12 hours after that from being unconscious, but i did get up and try and get help and fell many more times, once into a door (from how things looked the next day) and had a second impact and had a bad black eye and temporal hit. Im sure you all hear stories about people sleep walking or eating without remembering it. But i fell and ended up with a traumatic brain injury. So for those of you already dealing with PCS, please be careful with taking ambien because we all know how bad a second insult could be to our sensitive brains.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (06-08-2011), wtrpk (06-14-2011)