View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 10:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default From one Vet to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex44 View Post
Iam a vet, I am a C/P patient, My doc wants to totally change a 13 year regiman, send me to a pain clinic,(an hour away - yes they have a shuttle) the paperwork says it is voluntary - I no longer go to the VA - I got Medicaid and get treated far better. I have NO use for a doctor that thinks he is god and Yell's - yes you heard right and will not answer questions, like I am an idiot. I know more about my conditions then he does. I got SSI very quickly, I should report him but I have learned not to rock the boat - BE AWARE - A lot of docs check this and other boards so be careful what you say.
Luck
alex44
Hey alex44, First let me thank you for your service to this country! What priority group were you in at the VA Medical Center.

With a large amount of men and women coming back from Iraq & Afghanistan with medical needs they drop lower groups to make room, it's not by choice they just don't have the funds.

However no one Vet or not should get subsrandard treatment or treated with disrespect; the VA Medical center has a patient care office not only to report your lack of respectiful treatment but also has a patient advocate.

I go to a truly wonderful VA Medical Center and have a great medical team, who not only treat me with the utmost respect but also help me physically & mentally toward a better quality of life. And also is the best medical facility I've ever been to!!

Glad you have found a place where you feel you get good treatment with respect!

Good luck!

Rich!!

PRIDE OF THE SETTING SUN; LAND OR SEA WE LIVE TO BE FREE

Last edited by ridehard2208; 06-09-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: correction
ridehard2208 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA (09-13-2011)