View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 06:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Whilst I was waiting to see the neurosurgeon for the results of my MRI scan, I noticed on the table, a model of the spine and pelvis. Included in the model were the ligaments sacral/pelvis and pubis.
I at once realized that the pain was eminating fom these ligaments and not from any bone.
The neurosurgeon, upon seeing me sitting in my wheelchair, did a short examination of my legs and recorded that I have some antigravity function in both legs and that sensation was altered somewhat mainly on the right side.

I now began to realise that I was putting extra effort into my mobility to counter the weakening leg situation. The extra effort was causing me to overload those ligaments thereby causing some damage. The damage also caused inflammation in the whole pelvic region which in turn led to the loose bowel problem.

The Neurosurgeon recommended that my GP refer me to a Neurologist. This means another long wait. I still had no advice regarding the pelvic problem so I decided the only way to get relief was to sort out the problem myself.

I reasoned that if I kept load off my pelvic region, the ligaments would heal in due course and that would reduce the inflammation --- and -- hopefully end the bowel problem.
I have been following this course of action for several months now. I am fairly sure that I have succeeded in allowing the ligaments to heal since the pelvic discomfort is no more -- and -- my bowel actions are almost normal now.

When I eventually get to see the Neurologist I fully intent to put him/her straight regarding the unreliability of my medical records and merely seek an honest and accurate examination and diagnosis.
pigs are flying low today ----------
jackie66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote