View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The more stress I am feeling, the more I babble, repeat myself, and forget where I'm heading, what I'm doing or what I'm saying. So like my doc is continually telling me, lower my stress level, which translated to my life means say no more often, get the most and best rest I can, and laugh when I see that look on someone's face that says I've heard that before already. But I do appreciate when they tell me that I am forgetting the same thing all the time, so I can focus on remember it.

But laughing at myself is good medicine. Ask you family for some sort of high sign if you are going over old territory or repeating something, so before you get all the way through it for the third time, you know to redirect the conversation.

And Bob is right, if you aren't already a list maker, start now. And we live in the magical world of sticky notes, reminders that can follow us to every room. I've been known to write on my hand a time or two. I have an adress book just for my website passwords and user names. The less I require of my brain the more room I have for the important stuff. If I write things down in an organized way I don't have to fret about remembering
it.

Rest and simplicity,
A new learning curve,
To a less painful day,
pat e

gramE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote