View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatingpcs2010 View Post
WoW! I have herd and been through alot of things in my life but this I have to say is a test of sorts. I am 34 Years old a mom of five and live a very busy life...well i used to. on November 30 a pair of my daughters roller skates came down from the top shelf in a closet. two wheels striking me in the back of the head. I thought for sure it killed me. despite feeling soar from the actual hit everything I thought would be o.k. two days later the E.R diagnosed me with a concussion told me to motrin the pain. I lived normal for two days after. on that third day my hands started to go slightly numb! day four arms and legs with a connection inside my head. Ill never call it a head ache it was a total skull ache! since then i have had my hearing come in and out, went through weeks that i couldnt get out of my bed. I was so overwhelmingly dizzy plus vertigo, yes there is a difference. If I stood for more than two minutes on my feet I could feel this strange pulling feeling. start at the inside of my head all over and through my arms, legs and stomach would go numb. I would also have such a pins and needles sensation all over my body more like nails and screws. headaches,blurred vision. hearing loss, ringing in ears. I seen lights and black spots when i tried to look down. I could go on and on. I have suffered the past tw months like this. The worst part is noone understands. right now on Jan 29 I can say the symptoms have eased about 45 to 50 percent but I am no where near normal. and all because a five year ols roller skate! The dpctor told me I have a concussion that make athletes quit sports! and even though it was so mild to have this go on and for so long is the scariest thing. did the mri too. negative. Thank the lord. So No you are not alone. believe me from what i have read some people have it worst if thats even possible. not sure how far to push. it controls me. and my concentration is of a child also with anxiety mixed in there also. and the tears are amazing. I didnt cry this hard when my dad dies and he was my best friend. Advise. go one day ata time. I think the lord sometimes has a way to reset our patience button. I have learned alot through this whole process and still am. but remember one day at a time. Ill pray for you. wish I could tell you when it stops. Im still suffering, Jessica
I have similiar things happening with me since being diagnosed with PCS. My headaches are just dull throbbing now. My vision is still off. My mental clarity is getting better on some days. My biggest problems are anxiety and the numbness in my body. It feels like I have lost my cordination. Like my body is made out of heavy playdough. It's really scary for me. My emotions are like being on a roller coaster. My neurologist prescribed Celexa for depression but I haven't been able to bring myself to take it. I do take something for anxiety when I have panic attacks. I take life one day at a time and hope that I will be better soon. Are you any better yet? If so what has worked for you? I really need some feedback from what has helped others with PCS. I hope you are better!! God bless.
LisaPur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote