View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
Bi Lateral TN??? Never heard of it, but will read up on it. I am new to this world and frankly wish I had never visited. Visited may not be the right word, I guess I may "live" here now.

I have ATN again tonight. Seems to hit harder in the evenings.

If you are not using tegretol, may I ask what you do use? My Neurologist implied Tegretol was about all they could do for me. Opiates don't work here........

I am sorry to hear of your problems, hopefully they will go away one of these days. Mine used to "go away" for weeks on end. I would have an attack, then get on Tegretol and after a few days, the pain was gone. Not sure what to think right now.

Thanks again....
Bilateral just means both sides although its not simultaneous. I'm using a mix of tramadol, baclofen, and clonazepam. The main med for TN is baclofen and I use the tramadol around the clock for the atypical pain. Clonazepam is a fill in med for me when the burning pain gets to be too much for me to handle. Its not the most optimal mix of meds but they are the ones I can tolerate. I still feel a good bit of pain with them though.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote