View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 05:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
This is all important; but, and tho it isn't funny , it all boils down to delivery system. This is the one positive thing you can do. Add the wii and some music _ it has short term appeal for me but requires more self discipline than I have to spare . It's hard enough getting thru the day; i can't place too much investment in the compulsion to have exercised , self initiated, but recently learned, moderately - this is useful information and needs to have more attention. It comes in spurts and many can't get themselves there and it's not safe for them to do so.

here is the reality of it but i'm in a good time for that and it is the best medicine....irritatingly so.
Paula and Trixidee,
** I believe it is not impossible or late to start exercise 5-10 mins(say) repeated as many times as possible. when you start, it will be like a burden or duty but you will enjoy it in time.

** It is unfotunate that exercise is not a part of the formal PD treatment and all PD doctors I have seen never mentioned it and were not impressed by my consistant 2 hours daily exercise that I do as a religious ritual.

** I was lucky that I started exersing from day one with half hour routine daily which I was able to increase to my present level of 2 hours over about 5 years since diagnosis

** I exercise the first thing in the morning after taking one tea spoon of creatin, 30 gm of whey and 3 spoons of coconut oil, which I believe that they increase my stamina.

** I take 5 mins of cold shower after exercise

** I put music I like during exercise and I enjoy the exercise ritual so much that I consider it the best time of the day.

** I do my exercise in the morning before taking my medication

** The exercise includes taichi or Yoga followed by stationary cycling for 50 mins at 80-100 rpm

** Usually, I also play wii sport in the afternoon with my 8 yeard grand son.

** I believe that exercise has helped me to reduce mobility problem but not my tremor which has progressed over the years.
I hope this will help some. Good luck and hope you update us.
cheers