View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 06:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so glad that your husband was able to have a good day!! As you can probably see it is the pain that makes him the way he was acting, it does terrible things to them and sometimes they don't know how to channel all of that. It took my husband about 2 years, and even now on his really bad days, I know to just keep quiet,( well as quiet as we can, the kids are pretty good too, they seem to really understand, even at 4 and 6,)and give him space. As far as how my hubby is doing, I try not to think about it, but here we go. He has the CRPS on his entire right side, including internal, and he now has increased pain on the left side, so it will be full-body soon. The spread from his right hand to right leg took about 8 months, and he has been having pain in the left side for about 3 months now. He was fighting to keep his right wrist straight, even though he told me every day how hard it was, but on June 1 it bent and he can't straighten anymore. He has been walking with a cane for 3 months now. The way I know his level of pain is that he has not gone fishing in over 3 weeks. My hubby LOVES to fish, he would fish everyday last year, this season he has gone about 10 times. It makes me very sad, but I just keep hoping that something will click and he can be pain free.
I agree with ballerina, although I thought you meant a pain pump. No matter what any doctor says, do the research yourself. You are the best ally your husband has.
RSDjaded is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote