View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Krank,
I just had to write and tell you to be yourself...AND BE COMFORTABLE! The day will be stressful enough (before, during, and afterwards) so if you need to wear purple socks that day then so be it. YOU need to be as comfortable as possible so you can somewhat concentrate on answering questions. You need to be focused. My favorite things are trashcans (Yes that is what I said). I have full body going on over six years now (started in right foot) and comfort is the #1 thing for me. I have found that office size trashcans fit perfectly under your shins and your feet can hang over the side (Just make sure no one can bump into your feet). Having my feet up helps with compression and I can "last longer" with my legs/feet up than I can do with them down. That court day you need to do whatever you can to last as long as you can without hitting the "over the edge" part.

I have generic crocs as I can't wear the real ones because they have a hump under the toes and that hurts me more. I think I paid under $10 for them at Payless Shoes. If you go in a wheelchair then just wear your socks as you won't be getting up and down and have someone to wheel you around or if your arms can do it then you can do it too. You can always bring your slippers (I've worn brown Grandpa slippers as I refer to them) to everything for a few years as I could not get on sneakers at all. Who cares at this point what you look like...go for comfort! Another trick I learned is to wear your socks inside out so the seam does not hurt your feet and wear a bigger size of socks too. I have stolen a few of my sons socks after he wore them so they would be stretched out and fit me comfortably. If you can't get socks on that day of court then don't wear them and bring a light blanket to cover your toes...they can always slip out if necessary so people can see how purple and sore they are. I always wear a nice pair of slacks and a nice shirt and dress blazer. I think it is more respectful to look nice before the judge. I hate to see people wearing jeans and looking sloppy. I think it tells everyone that no matter what you still are a respectful person.

You are worth something!!!! To us (and God) you are gold! So go in there with your head held high and be truthful as when you have God on your side no one can defeat you because good always outwins evil. I have been to court many times and I am always myself because I have God on my side and I have done well. The two things I must do each day are: 1-pray alot 2-laugh at least one good belly laugh a day...no matter what. Even if you put on the tv and watch a comedy show. It does help.

This is the best site I found for questions and advice because everyone here gives you truthful and supportive answers. They are the best pep rally you will ever need! GO TEAM RSDers!! Best of luck to you.
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
krank (06-10-2011), SandyRI (06-10-2011)