View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Thanks to your father and prayers for his recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by spine95 View Post
I hit the roof when the local VA hospital gave my father, a WW II vet, a hard time over needing to write an oral chemo script. It was outrageously expensive and his Medicare and supplement would not cover it. VA would. It was hard enough that he had to endure a major cancer scare and surgery. He didn't need the VA run around. The oncologist that he saw said he was tired of writing chemo scripts for patients who had their surgery in a civilian hospital. I told him if he couldn't network with doctors outside the VA system, our congressman (friend of the family) would help him find Dad one that could. We left with a script and an arrangement for him to see a VA oncologist q 12 months. I still wrote and called everyone and their dog about the treatment. If I had not been with him, he would have gone home empty handed.
Hey spine95, First please tell your father thanks for his service to the this great country and the whole world in his case!

Second as I told Alex44 each VA Hosp. has a patient advocate and I urge you to use that avenue to help not only your dad but also all other vets.

Also I urge you not to judge the whole system or even that facility on one bad egg. Furthermore if you have another center close to where you live you can go to any one you choose.

Keep strong for your father and God bless you for being there for him!

Rich!!

PRIDE OF THE SETTING SUN; LAND OR SEA WE LIVE TO BE FREE
ridehard2208 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA (09-13-2011)