View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update: everything happens for a reason?

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry I have been absent lately. The last time I posted I was at yet another end with a crps treatment of using medication management only. A year and a half ago I began declining participation in all treatments that include an invasive procedures which left me with only one option to manage my crps and related symptoms. I choose the path of medication management thinking that this option was best as it would prevent the disease from spreading due to further injury. I have yet to find a medication regieme that provides me with any quality of life. I have tried every pain medicine regieme and in the beginning the medications did assist me in to continue to work as a public accountant. But the effectiveness of the medicines were short lived. I got 2.5 wonderful years auditing with crps but at what expense? Only 4 years into this disease and pain medications have little effect on my pain. The disease spread and got worse with using medication managment only.
Two months ago I parted way with my longterm pm dr who had been treating me since day 1 over 4 years ago. I was wary as to what care I would get as I can remember the days I was passes around from dr to dr and I feared that my future was going to be just that. But I found two really great Dr's right away. My fears were for nothing as it turned into a blessing because Im getting better care now.. And I finally am getting my wish of a non-invasive 5 day ketamine treatment. I thought this treatment was out of reach for me but with help from my dr's and myself (for not losing hope when I felt so helpless and just plain sick) I should be starting my treatments in 4 weeks. Im sorry this is long as it's been to long my friends.
Sarah XoXoXo
Swatgen27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hannah1234 (06-10-2011)