Thread: Palexia
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 10:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa Esther View Post
Many thanks for the quick response MrsD. There was I getting all excited about a new medication for severe diabetic neuropathy. For the neuropathy pain I take a B12 injection every 8 weeks, gabapentin,amitrptylene,di-hydracodeine and morphine. I have a local anesthetic spray for the feet and also local anesthetic plasters. Having exhausted so many things I had great hopes for this new wonder drug. Still my diabetic neuropathy consultant (who is a professor) has just been to America for a year doing research. Hopefully he will have come back with more answers. Just before he went they were trialing cannabis spray. I had hoped he would allow me to try that but he tells me that he has two patients with such severe pain. The other patient is male. I can only assume he got to try it and not me. Maybe when I see him he will have other answers.
One thing I would like to say that when I look at this site I always feel so sorry for the costs of your medication. Here in the UK all medicines are free for diabetics and other chronic illnesses and the over 60's. And all trips to doctors and hospitals are free also.
Thank God for the National Health Service. So if something doesn't work for you at least you haven't wasted a lot of money.
Mind you, you are way advanced to us. Like I said in my first post we are only now hearing of Palexia and you have obviously known about it for a while.

Best wishes to you all

Theresa
Theresa
"Just before he went they were trialing cannabis spray"

you just gave me a great idea! there are many ways to utilize cannabis and one popular method is to make cannabis oil. You can google it for instructions but it should work the same as the spray, just rub it on your feet
sounds pretty simple?
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote