View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I am so sorry to read about your loss. I understand completely.

We lost our two elderly cats this past winter. I was very upset since both needed to be put to sleep and that alone is very upsetting I think.

I understand how you feel. When Sheba passed in Oct 10, I had no intention of getting another. Then Tippy had a stroke on Jan 3 11 and I had to have her put to sleep. That double event was too much for me. So I decided to get a new kitten, and as luck would have it, she is just wonderful, fun, and engaging. I have some example pictures in my album.

It wasn't an easy task finding a kitten in January...but I did..she was the last of a litter, and all black and somewhat timid, so she was left behind. No one wanted her. With patience and kindness her fears are less today (but still there a little), and she has blossomed into a wonderful companion!
It can be said that God may close a door for you, but he often opens a window instead.

You will be able to get a new kitty eventually. Kittens are so much fun, they help with the grief process. I still keep my screensaver pics of my late elderly cats, and going upNorth this summer will bring back many memories. But we still have Oreo and now the new Weezie, to help with the grief.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (06-10-2011), ewizabeth (06-10-2011), Freesia38 (06-10-2011), Kitty (06-10-2011)