View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Please help me!!

I have been dealing with horrific headaches, dizziness, nausea and vomitting for nearly 2 weeks. I was told that I have slit ventricle syndrome and now the apparently the ventricle has collapsed on the shunt. My shunt {medtronic strata w/siphon control} cannot depress the resevoir, it's just rock hard. I apparently have very low icp according to the shunt tap, but I had a lp also and they said the pressure was 10.4. I am growing very concerned since everything I read tells me that the shunt not depressing indicates a blockage and now I'm supposed to go in and have the medtronic person reprogram it at a higher pressure. My concerns are two-fold, since my shunt also has an anti siphon device, which clearly did not work, the valve cannot depress indicating blockage, what in the heck would make them think that it could be reprogrammed at this point? I am very concerned, since the possible complications at this point are severe. I do not know what to do??? The neurosurgeon was set to switch out my shunt, but says I'm inoperable since the ventricular collapse...what the heck is going to happen to me? All I can do now is lay down and even at that I still have a headache and nausea. They gave me zofran for nausea, but I'm useless anymore...please any info would help
lalahecky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote