View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Don't get frustrated yet...

EPTests don't always show up damages right away. IF there is permanent damage it will show up later...trust me on this. I've had more of these than I'd like before my diagnosis came in.

It sounds to me as if your DOCS are really chugging along in that process of 'eliminating' other things like MS...so don't freak out on me! As BobB says, there are no magic AH-HA! moments.

I don't mean to sound uncaring, BUT, as long as you keep FEELING things, anythings...THAT is a truly GOOD thing! Even tho it hurts well BEYOND HECK! The fact that I can still feel things, altho somewhat strangely is a HOPEFUL thing to me... The pain, well, what's starts out as a 12-27 on the one-to-ten pain scale comes down after a while, you get used to it.

I'm betting that Liza Jane's worksheets kind of intimidated you...they did me at first as well. THEY ARE GOOD well, kind of roadmaps tho, in terms of whether your docs are going thru all the steps they should.. Later on they are good maps in helping you keep track of all that's been done and what-all-else could be done.

I too, wish, that every nite when I clamber into bed, that I will wake up and it's all GONE! It's not happening, so I'm gonna keep busy learning, coping and turning all those LEMONS I've got...into well-LEMONADE!

You know that test where docs take the little hammer thing to your foot and knee? I USED TO come this...close to almost poking their eyes out...I get NOTHING, Zero Zip Zilch reaction now. I'm just glad my PT is helping me cope so I'm not falling and breaking something every month. I hope I continue to remain more than lucky in the future.

Sooo, read those 'stickies' at the top, learn all the terms, read up on the quadrants that can help you zero in on what is the real PROBLEM, then zero in on what can be done. Causes? Too many to count...we are NOT hot-house, direct cause-effect animals. Deal with the issues of coping w/the pain during and after the diagnosis...other issues? Well, leave that all to the fates...

Keep asking your GP, and if they are one of the GOOD GUYS, keep asking questions, and ask for answers...there may not be any, BUT, if your doc is still a 'curious' person. They mite learn and dig up more stuff to be helpful to YOU. Never hurts to ask questions, Just don't be a know-it-all and put the doc on the spot rite off the bat. YOU have to make the DOC WANT to work for and with you! As Melody's events w/Dr Fred show, the good guys are out there...WE just have to FIND THEM!

A few gentle hugs to get you reading and on your way! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote