View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 01:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by burckle View Post
Robert:

I looked up Simply Cough on he web and got this warning.

Lloyd

WARNINGS
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
All of the dextromethorphan-containing cough preparations I have seen have that warning. It should certainly be heeded, regardless of whether the one taking it is a child or adult.
It is my opinion that, at the very small doses I and others are taking for the purpose of neuroprotection (5-8mg per night) any interaction with almost any other drug would be negliglible.

Remember that the dosage recommended for cough supression on the bottle is several times higher, and allowed at 6 to 8 hour intervals.

As I have posted before several times, I am not recommending that anyone else embark on the experimental use of this drug for PD neuroprotection. However, when someone asks me what I am taking, I give the most complete answer I can.

Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote