View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 03:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Two years ago I had to put down my 11 year old Kitty. It was very hard and I spent the day before her appointment telling her how much she had meant to me and how I hoped she had a good life with me as well.
I could not go into the room with her and to this day I feel as though I betrayed her trust. They took her down the hall and she was looking at me as if to say, "hey, what's going on?"
I took her home to bury her and she looked so sweet and beautiful curled into a little sleeping kitty position. She was a very small cat, only about 4 pounds with big round eyes.
To top it all off, about 6 months later my mother passed away.
Sometimes when I watch the Humane Society commericials, I realize that Kitty had a super life with my family. So deep in my heart I know that just having and taking care of a pet is an act of kindness. We do as much for them as they do for us.
Now I have a 'stray' named, Baby. She has become the love of my life. I think little Kitty sent her my way to "unbreak my heart" and to soften all the loss I experienced that year.
Anyone else lost their beloved cat?-kitty-jpg Kitty
Anyone else lost their beloved cat?-babydo-jpg Baby

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (06-10-2011), Freesia38 (06-10-2011), Kitty (06-10-2011), mrsD (06-10-2011)