Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
What I'm not seeing is results six, twelve, two years out.
So for example, if you've been an athelete, can you go back to being an athelete? I'm curious about the end state. I can deal with three months of pain and discomfort. I just want to know if I can live my life the way I want (without being foolish of course).

KY
In 03 when my many RSI sx ( hands, wrist, elbow, shoulders, neck, upperback..) all decided to merge together I was pretty messed up for awhile. No extreme pain or pain meds but a lot of weird sx and discomfort. My hands quit working for awhile - I could still do large motions but small detail use, repetitious, or strength was out. I mean kinda scary when you can barely turn your arm/hand/ wrist to wipe....

Just saying this so you know it can get bad, but you can recover.

I'm a 55 yr old lady now & mostly out of shape
But....
I can again drive my tractor, rototill, do all kinds of remodel/construction/painting, yard & gardening, carry hay bales & other heavy stuff.
For the heavy lifting now my low back gets affected after a full day, but it usually resolves after a day or 2.
My handwriting still is messy but who cares about that LOL.
My shoulder is still a bit messed up, might be due to a separate old injury - I can't throw a ball overhand or hit a tennis ball overhand, but I can live with that.

What sports or activities are you considering for the future?