View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 05:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dealing with boredom/restlessness + stress

Well, I've had a few good days this week (Tues - Thurs), which has been really encouraging, although one thing I've learned not to take anything for granted with PCS. Even at its best, the progression typically seems to be two steps forward, one step back.

During this recovery period, two things I find myself dealing with on a regular basis are:

- Boredom and restlessness, as in, I know that I should be mostly resting during the day, but I've rested so much that I can't take naps, and I find it hard to do nothing all the time. On the other hand, spending too much time doing stuff (surfing the internet, emailing, phone calls, pottering around) isn't a great idea either. Any suggestions for getting ample rest on a daily basis without causing overstimulation OR excessive boredom/restlessness?

- Stress surges. These sometimes come about as a result of anxiety about my condition (although this type of anxiety seems to be lessening), but lately I've been dealing with some pesky employment/insurance issues (for example, a couple of intransigent and/or adversarial bureaucracies), which seem to create mini-stress surges. These can be quite damaging, causing symptoms to flare up during what was otherwise a reasonably good day. Does anyone have any good de-stressing suggestions that don't involve too much stimulation or activity?
greenfrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote