View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 09:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default For Those of Us with Grave's Disease

I felt this thread was much needed because only a person with Grave's disease will understand. I also have Grave's disease and had my total thyroid removed. My left eye became 1 and a half inch bulged and my right one is 2. I was having blinding moments. I had trembles, I was losing weight one day and gaining it the next. I had palpitations of almost 200. Almost thyroid storm. I was hospitilized 3 times. No medication worked for me. So we made to remove it. But I hemmoriaged after the surgery and almost died. The surgeon said I hemmoraged because of the Grave's disease. It has now been 1 yr. since my surgery and though surgery helped my eyes not to bulge more than prior to surgery, less trembles, and I think it saved me from going blind. Everything else is still the same. The doctors can't seem to get me on the correct dose to get my levels right. I still have palpitations, but they are more like 120. And my parathyroid was touched during surgery, so now I have nerve damage there. I hope this helps someone.

This was my last resort to have my thyroid removed. So I want go in thyroid storm. I fought this battle for 4 years before they removed it.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-11-2011), Dmom3005 (06-17-2011), Mari (06-11-2011), OhKay (06-11-2011)