View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 01:55 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Ok, I'm awake now...

So this week I got a look at what's being offered in place of the perfect insurance plan I have until July 1st.

(where's the icon for large sized bag of !#*+ )

One good thing the company did was to tell Anthem BCBS to tuck their whole bag of carp where the sun don't shine and switched to Aetna. What that will mean at this point is not clear but I did get a look at what they are going to offer me.

I am so sorry that I may not have properly expressed my sympathy to those of you dealing with insurance woes. I have NEVER had to deal with crappy insurance before, but I am getting a crash course in it now. I have until the end of the month to sign up and have been waiting for the "official plan documents" rather than the "8x10 color glossy photos with selling points" garbage they have fed me thus far.

The good thing- they made up a plan for us.

The bad? Why is there nothing on those papers that tells you if you still have OOP expenses after you meet your deductible and co-insurance? What is this co-pay to the doctors and does that go away after you met the huge deductible and co-insurance? What is this 10% payment for MRIs? Why is Tysabri listed on the formulary when it can't be bought directly? Do I need a prior authorization to breathe too?

There's hundreds more questions on my paper. There's a meeting next week to explain it all. I am telling you, they better send someone who knows what they are doing to this meeting because I will be taping it and holding them to every word.

Never ever peace me off if you are in any way associated with selling and delivery of insurance policies or you work for Anthem BCBS...

I bet they are going to wish that Tysabri hadn't worked so well on my cognitive skills!

((oh yeah, I scheduled every test known to mankind this month and refilled every prescription with a three month supply.I have been poked, prodded, scanned, spread, squished and shot. I still have an MRI and the eye doc to go, but I am leaving Anthem with a lovely going away present, thousands of dollars worth of love... ))

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (06-11-2011), Natalie8 (06-13-2011), SallyC (06-11-2011), shayna (07-08-2011)