View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 03:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer00 View Post

I have 2 sons, 30 and 28 y.o. One has a Drs. recommendation for pot and the other one doesn't smoke it. The one that does, doesn't have any medical condition, but since he smokes it anyway, he figures it's worth $50 to never have to worry about getting in trouble.
I have to take issue with the use of a medical marijuana recommendation/card w/o a qualifying medical condition. There is a reason that states pass medical marijuana laws, and that is so people (those with qualifying conditions) for whom other medical treatments/medications have proven inadequate or ineffective will have access to a medication that will provide relief from pain or other symptoms and provide a better quality of life.

It is this very abuse of the laws that jeopardizes the status of medical marijuana laws right now. Furthermore, a medical marijuana card, authorization, or whatever your state calls it, is really only operative as an affirmative legal defense if you are arrested for possession of marijuana by your state or local law enforcement. It does not offer any federal protection whatsoever.

I am deeply troubled that anyone would encourage this kind of abuse of the law. To me it is no different than faking pain to get a prescription for pain medication . . . it is fraud.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (06-11-2011)