View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I think someone here used to say - "you can pay now or pay later, but later it will cost more". or something like that.
Meaning make some changes now before things get too bad to recover from.
I'm sure you're right.

And it seems from some of the studies you posted that the better shape you're in prior to surgery the better the potential results.

In my case, it may be better if it's a black and white situation where the subclavian artery is so blocked I have to have surgery. In other words, I don't have a choice. If the results from the recent tests are murky, that could have me trying to have my cake and eat it...that is, continuing to work out, trying to do PT at the same time, and achieving neither goal.

Will find out in a couple weeks where I land.

I must say that some of the studies point to a large percentage of good to excellent results. Finding the most qualified surgeon I'm sure would up the results as well. And from what I'm reading, Dr Donaghue at MGH in Boston falls into that category.

Also, reading about Hank Blaylock it's encouraging that he attempted to make a full comeback to MLB after TOS surgery. It failed, but that could be due to other factors.

KY

KY
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote